Monday, July 12, 2010

Bye-Bye, Bagar....

Well, this is sad. On Sunday, Meg, Lindsay, Siler and I piled into a van and drove off into the dusty distance, waving good-bye to GDL and Bagar. I'm really going to miss Bagar. It was an amazing opportunity to work with the GDL staff, and to meet so many people I would never have had a chance to meet otherwise.

So, a big thank you to the University of Pennsylvania and the Center for Advanced Studies of India for sending me there, Bagar for hosting me, Mobile Naukri (Bossman, Pankaj and Deepak) for working with me, and all the interns and IndiCorps fellows for being fun to hang out with, and Kamal-ji for all the delicious food! I'm excited for the next leg of my journey. I will be volunteering in Kolkata with Pratit, a Penn organization that runs medical and educational mobile camps in slums in the city. You can find the link on the sidebar of this blog. Internet is a bit wonky, so I won't be blogging for the next day or two. Stay tuned, though.... things should get kooky in Kolata.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment